Back from the ultrasound and doctor. All news is good. No signs of preeclampsia, gestational diabetes, or TTTS. I still have to take it easy because of the hernia, but everything else is looking great, which is a HUGE relief. What is NOT such a relief is that I don't go back for a month! The clinic is only open one day a week during the weeks of Christmas and New Years and they have to reserve those appointments for the ones who MUST come in weekly. Since I'm this far along and everything is going so well at this point, they don't feel it's urgent that I come in before then.
I can do some of the basic stuff on my own- Monitoring fetal movement, taking my blood pressure, continuing to test my blood sugar, weighing, and looking out for symptoms that might indicate a problem. BUT the urine tests are important and it makes me nervous to wait that long without having them, so I'm going to have to try to find out a way to have them done until the return appointment.
Now for the fun part- The ultrasound. Our boys are measuring as 29 weekers and weighing in at approximately 3 pounds apiece. 3 pounds is very small, but for a 27 week fetus, it is HUGE. They are in the 90th percentile of size (All measurements, including head circumference, abdominal circumference, and femur length, are in line with each other). These are some big kids.
IF I manage to keep them in until 36 weeks, it is quite possible that I may end up with a set of babies who are 7 pounds each, maybe more. If I don't explode by then.
Some general details of the birth were discussed today and I turned in my consent form to have my tube (Yes, there's only one) tied during the c section. I was lucky enough to have an endocrinology resident at my appointment today and I was able to ask her lots of questions regarding confusion about my blood sugar. I was relieved to find out that even though my blood sugar "crashes" (Did I mention I'm hypoglycemic?) make me feel AWFUL, they in themselves are not a danger at all to the babies- HOORAY!
The scary thing is that I'll be at 32 weeks when my next appointment time rolls around, and this is well within the window that these boys could be born. The possibility exists that this was my last appointment before the birth. I hope not, but it is very possible.
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment