Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Scary realization

Our babies are over 5 pounds each at 34 weeks. Babies, on average, put on 1/2 pound a week at this stage. This means that if they were letting me go to 40 weeks, I'd be having two 8 pounders.

They are going to stop me ASAP after 36 weeks (They'll probably be about 6 pounds each at that point) because the more my uterus becomes distended and the closer I get to starting labor, the higher the risk for uterine rupture. If only my previous c section had been the low transverse internal incision... Yeah, I'd be uncomfortable, but two 8 pound babies would be very cool. But scary.

1 comment:

Twilight Jones said...

They should call it something scarier than "uterine rupture". I mean, "uterine rupture" sounds pretty freakin' scary, but I imagine the real thing makes the name seem like the teacup ride at Disneyland. They should say like "UTERINE RUPTURE! (DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUNH!!!)" or something. I'm just saying, is all.