Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Remember me?

Little old me, the fertilizer, Twilight Jones, the baby daddy. Or is that babies daddy? Anyway, I'm back. Not that I was ever really gone.
It's just that I wanna post ultrasound pictures, and we're not getting any, and I can only say I'm gonna explode so many times before people start listening for it, ya know?

I want to elaborate on the names used here. Those who know me know my name isn't technically Twilight Jones (gasp!), but they also know my last name isn't Amanti. As a matter of fact, I don't even know anybody with that name. The deal is, I'm changing my last name, to Amanti. It means "Lovers" in Italian. And yes, it's also a car. I thought it was terribly old fashioned, more than a little sexist, and downright rude to expect this amazing woman to take my name when we got married. I could have taken her name, or she could have kept it, but I thought: what if we came up with a whole new name? One that was ours alone. We could be the trunk of the family tree, the progenitors of Casa Di Amanti, The matriarch and patriarch of our little clan. Turns out she knows a couple who've done this already, so we had some help there. I've got to pay some money, publish it in the paper for a while (to make sure I'm not running from creditors) and go before a judge, and my last name will become Amanti. Odd that when we get married, all she'll have to do to change her last name is, well, marry me. In any case, That's the poop on why they're not the Ennis Twins.

In other news: Less than a month to go! And that's the best-case scenario. If something goes wrong, they'll be here earlier than that. I was talking to the Incubator about this. She feels like the whole pregnancy has flown by at a million miles an hour, and they'll be here any minute. I feel like she's been pregnant forever, and they're taking their sweet time getting here. I don't know if that's because I'm not carrying them in my uterus or because I've never made anybody before and I wanna see how they turned out. You know, when I make pancakes, I always have to throw away the first one. It's always burned or undercooked or both, or otherwise just wrong. I'm really hoping I didn't burn one of these. I'm happy she's carrying them, though. I'm a total wuss. I can't even get sick without curling up in bed feeling sorry for myself. I can't imagine carrying twins around in my uterus for 9 months. Also I don't have a uterus, so it'd be awkward.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, a little 411 on the person who double-knocked-up my friend. I had no idea your name wasn't Amanti. I used to know some dude named Ennis, but he was a total skank. Yes, a guy was a skank. Long story....

I also know this couple that The Pregnant One knows who changed their name to something new and improved when they got hitched. I had known him separately before they even started dating, and it took me awhile to get used to it, but now I have trouble even remembering what his name USED to be, b/c all I think of is the new name. And the name fits them both perfectly.

About men being pregnant - my husband and I joke that if men were the ones who got pregnant, maternity leave would last the moment they felt the first twinge, and they'd lay on the couch the entire 9 months and whine the entire time!

Love,
Sarah

Twilight Jones said...

I think the couple you mention is the same one I mentioned - Viva Obscurity!
So, was this skanky dude an Ennis as in one of the Ennis clan, or a guy named Ennis like Bill Cosby's kid? Because if he was an Ennis, I apologize profusely on behalf of him, and all men. I do not, however, apologize on behalf of skanks. I have no authority to do so - got my membership revoked for "behavior not in keeping with that of skanks in general, and specifically with the level of skankiness expected by club members."
Anyway.
As long as I'm informing people of my private intimate details, my hat size is 8 3/4.

And yes, if I got pregnant, I would have had my feet propped up in bed since about, ohhhh, 6 weeks.