Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, December 6, 2007

A kidney?

Try a Porterhouse, baby. That is one beefy placenta you've got there. If it were in the supermarket I'd want to buy it and grill it.
Anyway.
We both really love Dr. Richardson. He's like a ferret, all lively and hopping around. He's kinda effeminate, but would you really want your Ob/Gyn to be a football player? In any case, he's the Dr. we've seen the most. Everyone else we've seen has been a resident, or in the case of the last visit - a Med student. But Dr. Richardson is just the greatest and we're gonna try and convince him to deliver the boys. Apparently when you deliver a baby down there, it's a couple 4th year residents and an attending "real" doctor, and you don't really have any control over who does what. That and the long drive are my main gripes with this place. You never know who's gonna see you, and unless the last one wrote down what's going on in your file - you've gotta tell the new one what's going on. It's much better for reasons of a personal connection to have a single doctor do all your care, though it's better medically if you have lots of minds thinking about your pregnancy. We both hope Dr. Richardson will agree to pull the boogers out when the time comes.

Signing off,
The Fertilizer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very happy for both of you. I know my brother will be a great dad he is a good uncle. Im glad to see him so happy. I think this is what both of you needed in your life to help each other. We pray for you guys every night. Stay off your feet enjoy that while you can.

Jeannette MS mom said...

I agree with the gripes you had about the clinic. Yes, sometimes it is good to have some different perspectives. But there is such a lack of consistency! I guess that's really all you can expect from a teaching hospital.

And the drive? My water broke at 4am during an ice storm! It took us an hour to get to a hospital that is normally 5 minutes away! We were extremely fortunate though--the ob/gyn on call was highly competent and better-mannered than the dr. I had seen previously in my hometown. I hope your family had good luck with your dr. as well.